Friday, May 8, 2009

Portion control

I am always on the lookout for ways to have my chocolate and not overdo it. When I eat M&M's I do two things: I put a small amount into a small dish (don't eat out of the bag) and then I eat them one at a time, biting off the colorful candy shell and then sucking on the chocolate. I know, gross. But it slows me down so I don't eat the entire family-sized bag.

My husband brought home some Dove Miniatures (ice cream bites) in the dark chocolate variety pack. They are individually wrapped, are about the size of a 35-mm film canister and delicious. One is just what is needed after dinner. Better than dishing up a big bowl of ice cream and wishing I hadn't.

But if I really want a scoop of ice cream, that's exactly what I do. I get a little dish and get one scoop. Seriously. One scoop will do it most of the time.

I'll also mix in little chocolate pieces (M&M's, Raisinets, etc.) into other stuff like nuts or granola. It only takes a bit to satisfy and you get a little crunch with your chocolate.

Okay, now that we've seen how little chocolate I can eat to satisfy my craving, let's talk about how much I can eat.

To be determined....

No comments:

Post a Comment