Sunday, June 5, 2011

Ridiculous

I have no idea where I got this recipe because it was printed from some email or website that I did not receive nor did I visit. I think someone gave it to me but I don't know who. I stuck it in my recipe notebook and forgot about it until a few months ago when I decided to try it. The notes at the bottom said that any time the cookies were brought somewhere, people went crazy. That's good enough for me.

Turns out they are ridiculous good. They are also ridiculous expensive to make, but since I could get two batches out of all of the chips I didn't mind so much. They are just so freakin' loaded with chips the purpose of the cookie dough is simply to hold the chips together.

And here it is....

Coffee House Cookies

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, softened
2 eggs

Mix together first four ingredients just until blended, then mix in butter and eggs just until blended. Stir in:

1 cup chocolate chunks (semi-sweet or bittersweet works best)
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup peanut butter chips
1 cup butterscotch chips

When everything is mixed, use a large cookie scoop to put dough onto ungreased baking sheet. Slightly push down center of each cookie. Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm when possible, but they are good cool too. If you'd rather make bars, spread it in a pan and bake about 25 minutes.

Be sure to share them because you will amaze your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment