Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The best hot chocolate

I ordered the Gourmet Drinking Cocoa mix from King Arthur Flour, not realizing it was really a bag of dark chocolate chunks to be stirred into hot, steaming milk and allowed to melt. Oh.......my........god! So good. The chunks are good by themselves (my chocolate-loving 4-year-old grandson told me he loves my chunks!) but they make me feel like an Aztec goddess when I stir them into milk with a dash of cream added. Seriously, I think I'll get me a headdress and a gilt throne. I could SO be an Aztec goddess all day.

Be sure to leave plenty of room in the mug after pouring in the milk because the chunks take up some space. I've had accidents and this is one drink you don't want to spill. Keep your spoon so you can stir occasionally while drinking. Then when you're finished, you can scrape out the bottom of the cup to get the last bit of the rich, melty, dark chocolate.

Marshmallows optional (and not really very Aztec-y).

No comments:

Post a Comment